Our approach to sustainability
We believe that sustainability is more than just a trend. It is our responsibility.
Tieto is convinced that through digitalization solutions to the biggest challenges of our time can be found. The long-term success of the company requires a business model that takes into account corporate responsibility (CR) and sustainability as natural parts of daily business operations.
As a company and corporate citizen, Tieto supports the leading global sustainability principles and complies with the requirements of many non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and industry standards. These multi-stakeholder initiatives guide the company in its daily work.
- has been a signatory of the UN Global Compact principles for environmental care, human rights, worker's rights and anticorruption since 2010
- complies with the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- publishes every year externally assured corporate responsibility information in accordance with the GRI Standards
- is publishing for the first time non-financial information (NFI) in accordance with the Finnish Accounting Act in the report from the Board of Directors
As part of its corporate purpose – Creating value for life – Tieto’s aim is to play an active role in sustainable development for people, businesses and society at large.
- a member of the FIBS non-profit corporate responsibility network in Finland
- a member of the NMC network in Sweden
- a member of the United Nations Nordic Network.
- a member of Climate Partnership network of City of Helsinki
As a result of its sustainability performance, Tieto is included in the OMX GES Sustainability Finland Index. Tieto was also included in CDP’s Climate Change report 2017 receiving scoring level A-, the highest of four levels.
Ecovadis, operating a collaborative platform providing supplier sustainability ratings for global supply chains, published a CSR risk and performance index in September 2017 with global results for Environment, Labour practices & Human rights, Fair business ethics and Sustainable procurement areas. While the global scoring average for ICT companies was around 45 according to the index, Tieto received 66 points and a gold level recognition.In addition,